2021 was a whirlwind of progress, learning, and exciting developments for us as a company.
We started last year with announcing our Series A funding. We doubled the size of our team (and we’re still growing). We deepened our relationships with existing customers and started new relationships with new customers. (Milk Moovement and Oico are two great public stories!) We started blogging more, our documentation went into hyperdrive, and we even launched a YouTube channel.
On the product front, we made progress on our core mission to democratize decision automation and optimization by making the process feel more like code and less like math. (To be clear: we love a good polyhedral representation with a side of matrix math, but we know they’re not for everyone.) To do this, we’ve been engineering optimization algorithms that are more friendly to developers with a customizable SDK and hosted API — and we’ve covered a lot of ground!
Looking back at 2021 in product
Over the past year, we learned a lot while building a decision automation platform.
- An off-the-shelf routing engine lets you solve a routing problem in 10 lines of code
- Turnkey charts and visuals let you evaluate and test solution quality (e.g., solution value over time, one solution compared to another)
- Out-of-the-box routing constraints for delivery grouping, max duration, max stops, max time on road, delivery precedence, timeliness penalties, custom vehicle capacities, compatibility attributes address business needs faster
- Pre-packaged measures for calculating real-road distance and duration with OSRM, Routingkit, HERE Maps, and Google Maps in addition to the good ol’ classic Haversine give you the flexibility to represent routing costs your way
- A hybrid solver lets you use a multi-paradigm approach for your decisions, so you can find more improving solutions faster
And that’s just the tip of the product release iceberg from this past year that’s setting us up for an exciting year ahead.
Looking forward to 2022 in product
This is the part of the post where I get even more excited. We’ve got a big year ahead of us at Nextmv. Here’s a quick preview of what we’re working on:
- Technology integrations with various partners to deliver Nextmv’s optimization technology through various experiences
- Deliver client libraries in multiple languages for using the Nextmv Cloud API
- Adding more optimization paradigms to our hybrid solver
- More engines to support modeling more use cases in our Nextmv Cloud API
- Configurable value functions via our Nextmv Cloud API
There is a lot more we’ll be covering in this space in the near future, but it’s a taste for how we plan to start this new year.
Are you using optimization for your business? What features or capabilities do you wish you had available to you? (If our company mascot is any indicator, we’re all ears for your feedback.) Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a free Nextmv Cloud account to get started.